Packaging keeps products safe, and maintains your products’ integrity throughout the journey. Packaging confirms smooth travel from the final delivery hub to the consumer’s doorstep and also plays an exceptional role at all other stages of the logistics process. Packing is also the vitrine of your company as it is the first thing your customer will see when purchasing and receiving your products. Packing is therefore part of your logistics, financial and marketing strategies.
Few steps to help ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines:
- Use a firm box with flaps together
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous markings on the box which are no longer applicable
- Wrap all objectsdiscretely
- Use sufficient cushioning material
- Use sturdy tape designed for shipping
- Do not use cord or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has mentioned clear, complete delivery and return details
- Place identical address label inside the package
Guidelines for Pallet Shipments
When using Air Freight to ship pallets, follow these procedures.
- Quality pallets are typically made of wood or plastic so make sure to choose one sturdy enough to support your shipment.
- Use boxes or cartons of adequate strength. You need to stack them in columns on the pallet.
- Secure all boxes to the pallet with stretch wrap (min 60 gauge).
- For international shipments, individual items weighing over 68 Kgs (150 pounds) should be secured to the pallet with any steel or poly strapping.
- Tag each pallet in your shipment with complete address (include postal codes) and contact numbers for the shipper and recipient.